2009 BMW K 1300GT SALE PRICE!
We take trades!
Price shown does not include applicable taxes and Documentation Fee $249.
Island Motorcycle Company - Victoria - Ph. 250-474-2088
Time machine - the latest news.
The BMW K 1300 GT.
Gran Tourismo - or in the case of the BMW K 1300 GT quite simply one of the fastest movers around. It opens up a new era in the timing of long distances. Nonetheless: impressive though the average travel times may be on this machine, its performance is also fascinating at low speeds, for example after a hairpin bend. This is because at engine speeds you operate in more than 80% of the time on the road – i.e. the lower and middle ranges – this engine adds something you can feel instantly: 99 lb/ft from 1,293 cc. No ifs or buts. And 160 hp for the three-lane motorway. The fact that this in-line 4-cylinder is very low-key when it comes to fuel consumption and exhaust emissions makes fast travel even more pleasing. And it also demonstrates once again how modern engines ought to be built.
The success formula GT is the sum of many intelligent details: top ergonomics - both at front and rear, exemplary aerodynamics and weather protection, safety (ABS as standard, ASC as an option) which sets standards. And a level of comfort which enables relaxed, supreme travel. Then there is a high-precision chassis with a low centre of gravity, as well as optional ESA II to adapt the chassis mode at the press of a button. So here's a tip: save yourself the effort of looking for an alternative. Get into gear right away.
The BMW K 1300 GT: dynamic performance has never been more stylish.
- Type: Water-cooled 4-stroke in-line four-cylinder, four valves per cylinder, two overhead camshafts, dry sump lubrication
- Bore x stroke: 80 mm x 64.3 mm
- Capacity: 1.293 cc
- Rated output: 160 hp (118 kW) at 9,000 rpm
- Max. torque: 99 lb/ft (135 Nm) at 8,000 rpm
- Compression ratio: 13.0 : 1
- Mixture control / engine management: Electronic intake pipe injection/digital engine management including knock sensor (BMS-K)
- Emission control: Closed-loop 3-way catalytic converter, emission standard EU-3
- Maximum speed: Over 125 m.p.h. (200 km/h)
- Fuel consumption per 100 km at constant 90 km/h: 5,0 l
- Fuel consumption per 100 km at constant 120 km/h: 5,9 l
- Fuel type: Unleaded Premium
- Alternator: three-phase alternator 945 W
- Battery: 12 V / 19 Ah, maintenace-free
- Clutch: Multiple-disc clutch in oil bath, hydraulically operated
- Gearbox: Constant mesh 6-speed gearbox
- Drive: Shaft drive
- Frame: Bridge-type frame, cast aluminium, load-bearing engine
- Front wheel location / suspension: BMW Motorrad Duolever; central spring strut
- Rear wheel location / suspension: Cast aluminium single-sided swing arm with BMW Motorrad Paralever; central spring strut with lever system, spring pre-load hydraulically adjustable (continuously variable) at handwheel, adjustable rebound damping
- Suspension travel front / rear: 4.5 in. / 5.3 in. (115 mm / 135 mm)
- Wheelbase: 61.9 in. (1,572 mm)
- Castor: 4.4 in. (112 mm)
- Steering head angle: 60.6°
- Wheels: Cast aluminium
- Rim, front: 3,50 x 17 in.
- Rim, rear: 5,50 x 17 in.
- Tires, front: 120/70 ZR 17
- Tires, rear: 180/55 ZR 17
- Brake, front: Twin disc, floating brake discs, diameter 320 mm, 4-piston fixed calipers
- Brake, rear: Single disc, diameter 294 mm, double-piston floating caliper
- ABS: Standard equipment: BMW Motorrad Integral ABS (part-integral)
- Length: 91.3 in. (2318 mm)
- Width (incl. mirrors): 38 in. (965 mm) (incl. panniers: 39 in. [990 mm])
- Height (excl. mirrors): 56.6 in. (1,438 mm)
- Seat height, unladen weight: 32.3 in. / 33.1 in. (low seat: 31.5 in. /32.3 in.)
- Inner leg curve, unladen weight: 70.8 in. / 72.4 in. (low seat: 69.3 in. / 70.8 in.)
- Unladen weight, road ready, fully fuelled: 635 lbs. (288 kg)
- Dry weight: 562 lbs. (255 kg)
- Permitted total weight: 1147 lbs. (520 kg)
- Payload (with standard equipment): 511 lbs. (232 kg)
- Usable tank volume: 6.3 U.S. gal. (24 l)
- Reserve: approx. 1 U.S. gal. (4.0 l)
- Engine Type
- Water-cooled 4-stroke in-line four-cylinder, four valves per cylinder, two overhead camshafts, dry sump lubrication
- 1.293 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 80 mm x 64.3 mm
- Compression Ratio
- 13.0 : 1
- Front Suspension
- BMW Motorrad Duolever; central spring strut
- Rear Suspension
- Cast aluminium single-sided swing arm with BMW Motorrad Paralever; central spring strut with lever system, spring pre-load hydraulically adjustable (continuously variable) at handwheel, adjustable rebound damping
- Front Brakes
- Twin disc, floating brake discs, diameter 320 mm, 4-piston fixed calipers
- Rear Brakes
- Single disc, diameter 294 mm, double-piston floating caliper
- Front Tire
- 120/70 ZR 17
- Rear Tire
- 180/55 ZR 17
- 61.9 in. (1,572 mm)
- Seat Height
- 32.3 in. / 33.1 in. (low seat: 31.5 in. /32.3 in.)
- Dry Weight
- 562 lbs. (255 kg)
- Constant mesh 6-speed gearbox
- Final Drive
- Shaft drive
- Magnesium Beige Metallic, Royal Blue Metallic, Red Apple Metallic