2009 Yamaha TMAX 500
Financing available OAC, we take trades!
Price shown does not include applicable taxes and Documentation Fee $249.
Island Motorcycle Company - Victoria - Ph. 250-474-2088
Blurring the boundaries between scooter and motorcycle - a super sport automatic fuel-injected, liquid-cooled, four-valve per cylinder engine boasts, controlled-fill, die-cast aluminum frame, 43 mm front forks,4-piston caliper dual front disc brakes, and rear disc brake. Plus a multifunction instrumentation with speedometer and tachometer and radical sports styling and fuel economy up to an estimated 47 mpg with a fuel tank that holds 4 gallons.
- Fuel-injected, liquid-cooled, four-valve-per-cylinder engine boasts forged pistons, carburized connecting rods, and ceramic-composite plated cylinders. The TMAX has a 11.0:1 compression ratio; upswept muffler canister; CF die-cast aluminum frame; 43mm front forks; 4-piston mono-block caliper dual front disc brakes; rear disc brake; aluminum die cast wheels with radial H-rated tires; fully featured multifunction instrumentation with speedometer and tachometer; and radical new sports styling; with those credentials, it's no wonder TMAX is the Super Sport Scooter.
- Horizontally positioned 499cc parallel twin, with reciprocating balancer, offers plenty of smooth power, enough for two-up touring at highway speeds. Configuration helps keep weight low in frame for mass centralization.
- Luxury scooter appointments include a double glove box in the streamlined front apron, a position-adjustable operator backrest, a storage box under the seat spacious enough for a large full-face helmet, and the excellent wind and weather protection that comes from the TMAX's floorboard/ apron/windshield configuration.
- Continuously variable transmission connects engine power to the wet multiplate centrifugal clutch via a durable double-cog-type rubber V-belt. Silent chain efficiently transfers power to the rear wheel. This proven system, combined with TMAX's ample power, gives a whole new meaning—and adrenaline level—to twist-and-go throttle operation.
- The TMAX achieves fuel economy up to an estimated 47 mpg* with a fuel tank that holds 4 gallons of gas.
- DOHC, four-valve-per-cylinder, 499cc parallel twin, liquid-cooled engine is horizontally mounted and performance engineered with forged pistons, carburized connecting rods and ceramic composite plated cylinders for plenty of tractable power. Also includes a horizontally opposed reciprocating balancer for uncommon smoothness.
- Lubrication is via a semi-dry-sump system with an oil cooler for longer engine life.
- Continuously variable transmission connects engine power to the wet multiplate centrifugal clutch via a durable double-cog-type rubber V-belt. Pivot coaxial drive shaft is used, allowing use of a swingarm separate from the powerplant for excellent handling. Two-stage, adjustment-free silent chain system then transfers power to the rear wheel.
- Muffler incorporates exhaust catalyst technology to reduce air pollution.
- Fuel tank emission system includes a charcoal canister to control gasoline evaporation and reduce air pollution.
- Using technology proven in Yamaha's sportbike line, TMAX has a lightweight, CF die-cast aluminum frame that provides rigidity and balance for superb handling.
- Motorcycle-type telescopic front forks use beefy 43mm tubes.
- 15-inch cast aluminum wheels front and rear are fitted with radial tires for excellent, sporty handling.
- Front double disk brakes with four-pod mono block calipers.
- Pin-slide, one pod rear brake caliper with parking brake system.
- Brake lever is adjustable for operator comfort.
- Rear seat is hinged for easy opening. Underseat storage is spacious enough to store a large full-face helmet.
- Electronic fuel-injection system provides sure starts and excellent performance in virtually all conditions and altitudes.
- Bright, headlights and taillight take their styling cues from Yamaha sportbikes.
- Type: 499cc liquid-cooled 4-stroke, forwardinclined
- Bore x Stroke: 66.0 x 73.0 mm
- Compression Ratio: 11:1
- Fuel Delivery: Electronic fuel injection
- Clutch Type: Wet, multiple-disc automatic centrifugal
- Ignition: Digital TCI
- Transmission: CVT double-cog V-belt auto
- Final Drive: V-belt
- Suspension/Front: 43mm telescopic forks
- Suspension/Rear: Swingarm
- Brakes/Front: 267mm disc
- Brakes/Rear: 267mm disc
- Tires/Front: 120/70-15 67H Radial
- Tires/Rear: 160/60-15 67H Radial
- Length: 86.4 in
- Width: 30.5 in
- Height: 56.9 in
- Seat Height: 31.5 in
- Wheelbase: 62.2 in
- Ground Clearance: 4.9 in
- Fuel Capacity: 4.0 gal
- Fuel Economy: 47 mpg
- Wet Weight: 489 lb
- Warranty: 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
- Colors: Deep Blue, Cadmium Yellow
- Engine Type
- 4-stroke, DOHC, four-valve-per-cylinder, parallel twin
- 499 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 66.0 x 73.0 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Electronic fuel injection
- Digital TCI
- Front Suspension
- 43 mm telescopic forks
- Front Brakes
- 267 mm disc
- Front Tire
- 120/70-15 67H Radial
- Rear Suspension
- Rear Brakes
- 267 mm disc
- Rear Tire
- 160/60-15 67H Radial
- Underseat storage
- Dry Weight
- Wet Weight: 489 lbs
- Seat Height
- 31.5 in.
- 62.2 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.0 gal
- CVT double-cog V-belt auto
- Drive System
- Final Drive: V-belt
- Deep Blue, Cadmium Yellow
- 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)