2014 BMW R1200GS Adventure
Manuals, 2 keys.
Price shown does not include applicable taxes and Documentation Fee $249.
Island BMW #30561
You like extreme and long tours? On rough roads, over stony tracks out in the wild, too? Tarmac, offroad, stones and sand: These are the challenges the new BMW R 1200 GS Adventure is longing to master with its easy and agile handling. A machine for those who want to test their limits and go beyond them. Or to put it briefly: A motorcycle for riders who are seeking real adventure and don't want to miss out on a great deal of riding pleasure in the process.
Conquer any type of terrain on an enduro which meets all your practical needs. Two standard-fitted ride modes – "Rain" and "Road" – are available at the press of a button and offer two completely different, finely tuned riding experiences. It's like having two motorcycles in one. Further riding modes are also available as an option. 7.9 gallons in the fuel tank combined with the engine's optimized fuel efficiency really make you "unstoppable" on and off the road making unwanted stops a thing of the past. In addition the standard level of equipment was improved, e.g. to include an on-board computer. This enables perfect navigation and provides the rider with useful data such as fuel level, average speed and fuel consumption. This travel enduro is rounded off by a newly integrated compartment above the tank which allows you to keep small items within reach at all times.
The R 1200 GS Adventure responds dynamically in any situation thanks to the legendary 92 lb-ft of flat-twin torque and 125 bhp delivered by the new, air/liquid-cooled 2-cylinder 4-stroke engine.
The R 1200 GS is also characterized by its unmistakable design, further improved seating comfort, wind and weather protection and by its muscular presence. It is available in three color versions: Olive Matte, Racing Blue Metallic Matte and Alpine White.
The R 1200 GS Adventure. Make an impression. Everywhere.
- Type: Air/liquid-cooled four stroke flat twin engine, double overhead camshaft, one balance shaft
- Bore x stroke: 101 mm x 73 mm
- Capacity: 1,170 cc
- Rated output: 92 kW (125 hp) at 7,750 rpm
- Max. torque: 92 lb-ft (125 Nm) at 6,500 rpm
- Compression ratio: 12.5 : 1
- Mixture control / engine management: Electronic intake pipe injection / BMS-K+ digital engine management with electromotive throttle actuator
- Emission control: Closed-loop 3-way catalytic converter, emission standard EU-3
- Maximum speed: Over 125 mph
- Fuel consumption per 100 km at constant 90 km/h: 55 mpg at a constant 56 mph (4.3 L)
- Fuel type: Premium Unleaded
- Alternator: Three-phase alternator (510 W nominal power)
- Battery: 12 V / 11.8 Ah, maintenance-free
- Clutch: Oil lubricated clutch, hydraulically operated
- Gearbox: Constant mesh 6-speed gearbox with helical gear teeth
- Drive: Shaft drive
- Frame: Two-section frame, front- and bolted on rear frame, load-bearing engine
- Front wheel location / suspension: BMW Motorrad Telelever; stanchion diameter 37 mm, central spring strut
- Rear wheel location / suspension: Cast aluminum single-sided swing arm with BMW Motorrad Paralever; WAD strut (travel-related damping), spring pre-load hydraulically adjustable (continuously variable) at handwheel, rebound damping adjustable at handwheel
- Suspension travel front / rear: 8.3 in / 8.7 in (210 mm / 220 mm)
- Wheelbase: 59.4 in (1,510 mm)
- Castor: 3.6 in (92.7 mm)
- Steering head angle: 65.5 deg.
- Wheels: Cross spoke wheels
- Rim, front: 3.00 x 19 in.
- Rim, rear: 4.50 x 17 in.
- Tires, front: 120/70 R 19
- Tires, rear: 170/60 R 17
- Brake, front: Dual floating discs, diameter 305 mm, 4-piston radial calipers
- Brake, rear: Single disc, diameter 276 mm, double-piston floating caliper
- ABS: STANDARD (part integral, can be switched off)
- Length: 88.8 in (2,255 mm)
- Width (incl. mirrors): 38.6 in (980 mm)
- Height (excl. mirrors): 57.1 in (1,450 mm)
- Seat height, unladen weight: 35.0 / 35.8 in (890 / 910 mm)
- Inner leg curve, unladen weight: 76.8 / 78.3 in (1,950 / 1,990 mm)
- Unladen weight, road ready, fully fuelled: 573 lb. (260 kg)
- Permitted total weight: 1,058 lb. (480 kg)
- Payload (with standard equipment): 485 lb. (220 kg)
- Usable tank volume: 7.9 gal (30 L)
- Reserve: Approx. 1 gal
- Engine Type
- Four stroke flat twin engine, double overhead camshaft, one balance shaft
- 1,170 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 101 x 73 mm
- Compression Ratio
- 12.5 : 1
- Fuel System
- Electronic intake pipe injection / BMS-K+ digital engine management with electromotive throttle actuator
- Front Suspension
- BMW Motorrad Telelever; stanchion diameter 37 mm, central spring strut
- Rear Suspension
- Cast aluminum single-sided swing arm with BMW Motorrad Paralever; WAD strut (travel-related damping), spring pre-load hydraulically adjustable (continuously variable) at handwheel, rebound damping adjustable at handwheel
- Front Brakes
- Dual floating discs, diameter 305 mm, 4-piston radial calipers. ABS Standard.
- Rear Brakes
- Single disc, diameter 276 mm, double-piston floating caliper. ABS Standard.
- Front Tire
- 120/70 R 19
- Rear Tire
- 170/60 R 17
- 59.4 in. (1,510 mm)
- Seat Height
- 35.0/35.8 in. (890/910 mm)
- 3.6 in. (92.7 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 7.9 gal. (30 L)
- 55 mpg at a constant 56 mph (4.3 L)
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 573 lb. (260 kg)
- Constant mesh 6-speed gearbox with helical gear teeth
- Final Drive
- Shaft drive
- Olive Matte, Racing Blue Metallic Matte, Alpine White