2015 Yamaha FZ09
Manuals, 2 keys.
Price shown does not include applicable taxes and Documentation Fee $249.
Island BMW #30561
Introducing the 2015 FZ-09, a naked sports roadster powered by a liquid-cooled, 850 cc in-line 3-cylinder, fuel-injected engine. The FZ-09 has been developed around the concept of a "Synchronized Performance", that allows a rider to enjoy the feeling of complete control in typical everyday riding situations. In other words, the FZ-09 has been designed to respond to your every command.
- Slim, compact, 847cc, DOHC, 12 valve (4-valves/cyl), liquid-cooled, 42.5 degree inclined, inline-three cylinder engine. The engine has been tuned to provide plenty of low to mid-range torque with strong yet linear throttle response.
- Downdraft style combustion chamber design features 4-valves per cylinder and a 11.5:1 compression ratio for excellent torque output. Four valves per cylinder enhances the low to midrange torque.
- Intake valves are 31mm in diameter and exhaust valves are 25mm. The valve angle is set at 26.5 degrees (intake is 13 & exhaust is 13.5 degrees) to keep the combustion chamber compact. The stainless steel valves feature an Isonite surface treatment and carburized tips for improved durability and wear resistance.
- Valve adjustment intervals are every 40,000 kms.
- Newly designed 120 degree crankshaft is used. This design reduces inertia torque while emphasising linear torque development in response to the rider's throttle action. This design has been optimized to achieve strong torque over a broad rpm range as well as fast, linear throttle response. This engine design allows a whole new level of "rider - machine communication". The engine features and "even" 240 degree firing order.
- A lightweight "coupling force balancer" is used to reduce engine vibration for excellent rider comfort.
- "Fracture split" connecting rods feature a nut less design. The lower end "cap" of the rod is made from the same piece of material as the upper portion; this design is known as "fracture splitting". This design aids in establishing true big end roundness and greater precision in con rod dimensions for excellent durability despite the high horsepower loads.
- Lightweight forged aluminum pistons. Lightweight design aids in fast engine response and reduced weight. During the forging process, the aluminum is heated to the point where it can be shaped under pressure in a die but not to the point that it melts. By not melting the aluminum, the material stays stronger and hence can be lighter with excellent durability.
- Direct plated cylinders are a "liner less" design with a ceramic coating sprayed directly on the aluminum block. This coating enhances the thin film of oil between the cylinder and piston which reduces friction and increases power. Other important benefits include; excellent heat dissipation for consistent power delivery and reduced weight since there are no liners.
- The cylinder is "offset" relative to the crankshaft to reduce frictional losses between the pistons and the cylinder wall during the power stroke.
- One-piece cylinder and upper crankcase assembly provides superior engine rigidity and reduces weight. The engine is a stressed member, so it also improves chassis rigidity as well.
- Lightweight, hollow intake and exhaust camshafts are designed to provide strong low and midrange power and torque, in the most commonly used speed ranges.
- Mechanical "half nut" cam chain tensioner reduces mechanical engine noise. This special design is a world's first for Yamaha and better controls the flexing of the tensioner spring. The benefits include fewer parts and a lighter, more compact design.
- Mikuni, 41mm, throttle body fuel injection system utilizes a throttle position sensor (TPS) and an acceleration position sensor (APS). Yamaha's chip controlled throttle (YCC-T) and D-Modes systems are also used. The injectors feature 12 holes and 20 degree spray pattern. The injectors are located such that the fuel is sprayed directly at the intake valve.
- This is a closed loop fuel injection system, with an oxygen sensor that monitors the amount of oxygen in the spent exhaust gases and adjusts the fuel -air mixture via the ECU and FI system for maximum performance with minimum emissions. The benefits of fuel injection include choke-free starting, steady idling during warm up, excellent fuel economy, and reduced emissions. The system has been "tuned" to provide excellent "ride ability" with "linear" throttle control.
- Yamaha Chip Control Throttle (YCC-T) system electronically controls the throttle valves for outstanding response and improved controllability at all rpms. The YCC-T is used to provide even more control of the intake air volume for a smoother torque character. The YCC-T is capable of responding to changes at a speed of 1000th of a second.
- Yamaha D-Mode variable throttle control enables the rider to adjust the performance characteristics of the engine based on riding preferences or road conditions. Standard mode emphasises the very linear throttle and torque feel of the engine. The A mode allows the rider to enjoy even sportier engine performance in the low to mid rpms. While the B Mode reduces throttle response for riding situations that require softer power characteristics, such as slippery conditions. The D-Mode button is located on the RHS handle bar switch gear.
- Compact Electronic Control Unit (ECU) utilizes a powerful 32-bit processor for fast control of the injection, engine management and ignition processes. The compact design reduces weight.
- Air box features dual resonator chambers and unequal internal intake funnel lengths for all 3 cylinders. The left cylinder funnel is 102.8mm, the centre is 82.8mm and the right cylinder is 122.8mm. The benefit is a wide torque curve and an exciting intake sound that accentuates the exhaust note. A viscous paper type air filter is utilized.
- Compact 6-speed transmission "stacks" input/output shafts to centralize mass and to keep the overall engine size shorter front to back. As a result, this allows the engineers the freedom to place the engine in the frame for optimum front to rear weight balance. The transmission primary reduction ratio is 1.681 and gear ratios are optimized to accentuate the torque and throttle response of the engine.
- Compact, wet-type heavy duty, multi-plate clutch ensures consistent, positive engagement.
- Stylish, compact, low mounted, 3 into 1 exhaust system features stainless steel header pipes with special "Nano-film" coating to help prevent rusting and discolouration. The muffler is a triple expansion type with a 3-way honeycomb catalyzer to reduce harmful CO and HC exhaust emissions. The low mounted design centralizes mass for excellent handling and a light weight feeling.
- Lightweight flat design radiator for maximum cooling efficiency. There is a protector plate on the lower edge of the rad to prevent small stones from being kicked up into the fan.
- Lightweight, aluminum liquid-cooled oil cooler maintains stable lubricant temperatures for extended engine life.
- Convenient spin-on type oil filter.
- Convenient oil level sight glass means easy oil level inspection.
- Maintenance-free transistor-controlled digital ignition (TCI) ensures fast starts and great performance at all rpms.
- Air Induction System (AIS, not ram air) injects fresh air into the exhaust port to reduce harmful HC and CO emissions for a cleaner environment.
- CF (Controlled Filling) die cast, twin spar, diamond-type, aluminum frame provides an optimized rigidity balance for incredible sports performance combined with great stability. The engine is a stressed member of the chassis, allowing a lighter, more compact main frame design without sacrificing stability or agile handling qualities.
- The riding position is one of the most important features of the FZ-09 chassis, offering a balance between sports handling and excellent rider comfort thanks to its upright seating position.
- Key chassis geometry figures include: 1440mm (56.7") wheelbase, 25 degrees of rake and 103 mm of trail. The front to rear weight distribution is 51 / 49%, and the lean angle is 51 degrees, highlighting the sporty nature of the FZ-09. The chassis dimensions and shape have been designed to enhance the qualities of the 3 cylinder engine and to centralize mass and lower the centre of gravity to provide the rider with "the pleasure of controlling the bike at will"
- Detachable, round tube steel rear sub frame allows easy access to rear suspension components and reduces costs in the event of a "loop-out".
- Lightweight, externally mounted, C.F. (Controlled Filling) die cast aluminum, truss-type rear swingarm offers great rear wheel control and traction for razor-sharp cornering and superb stability at speed.
- Adjustable 41 inverted cartridge style fork offers 137mm (5.4") of wheel travel. The fork can be adjusted for spring pre-load (15mm range) and rebound damping (3 turns). The benefits of the inverted design include, reduced "unsprung" weight and reduced fork flex since the larger diameter tubes are gripped in the triple clamps. The adjustable design allows the rider to tailor suspension settings to match rider weight, road conditions and riding style to maximize handling and suspension performance.
- Lightweight, cast aluminum upper and forged aluminum lower triple clamps.
- Adjustable link-type Monocross rear suspension. The rear shock can be adjusted for spring pre-load 7-steps and rebound damping (3-turns). The adjustable design allows the rider to tailor suspension settings to match rider weight, riding style and road /track conditions to maximize handling and suspension performance. Rear wheel travel is 130mm or 5.1"
- Dual 298mm floating front discs are squeezed by ultra-rigid, radial mount, Advic, mono block, 4-piston calipers which provide outstanding stopping power and feel. The master cylinder utilizes a 16mm piston for outstanding stopping power with less lever effort.
- 245mm rear disc is squeezed by a lightweight single piston slide-type Nissin caliper.
- Lightweight, cast-aluminum 10-spoke wheels reduce unsprung weight for great handling characteristics. The front wheel is an MT3.50-17 and is fitted with a 120/70-ZR17 radial tire. The rear wheel is a MT5.50-17 fitted with a 180/55-ZR17 radial tire.
- Conventional, tapered aluminum handlebar design combines with the upright positioning for excellent all day riding comfort.
- 14-litre fuel tank offers a slim design with great knee grip. It is made of steel, for ease of use with magnetic style tank bags. The reserve portion of the tank is 2.8 litres (when the low fuel light illuminates).
- Stylish, one piece, long design rider and passenger seat. Dual texture seat cover. Seat height is 815mm (32.1").
- Compact, liquid crystal multi-function meter. Functions (all digital) include bar-style tachometer, digital speedometer, odometer, dual trip meters, fuel gauge, fuel reserve trip meter (counts kilometres since the fuel went on reserve), clock, coolant temperature, gear indicator, instant & average fuel consumption, intake air temperature and an engine trouble diagnostic mode.
- Stylish, one piece, multi-reflector 65/55 watt halogen headlight highlights the naked roadster styling of the FZ-09.
- Dunlop SportMax radial tires
- Lightweight forged aluminum footrests, shifter and rear brake pedal
- Brilliant LED rear tail light with unique running / brake light display
- Excessive lean angle engine cut-out switch (if unit is on its side the engine will shut down)
- Lockable steering
- Durable "O"-ring-sealed drive chain
- Lightweight, low-maintenance sealed battery
- Yamaha diagnostic tool connector
- Engine: Liquid-cooled, DOHC, 12-valve (4-valves/cyl), inline-three cylinder
- Displacement: 847cc
- Bore and Stroke: 78 x 59.1 mm
- Compression Ratio: 11.5:1
- Maximum Torque: 8.9 kg-m (64.3 ft-lbs.) @ 8,500 rpm
- Engine Management: YCC-T & D-Mode (3 positions)
- Fuel Delivery: Mikuni 41mm throttle body F.I.
- Estimated Fuel Consumption±: 18.5kpl / 51 mpg (Imp.)
- Lubrication: Wet sump
- Ignition / Starting: TCI / Electric
- Transmission: 6-speed
- Final Drive: "O"-ring chain
- Suspension (Front): Adjustable 41mm inverted fork
- Suspension (Rear): Adjustable link Monocross
- Brakes (Front): Dual 298mm discs / radial mount 4-piston calipers
- Brakes (Rear): 245mm disc / single piston caliper
- Tires (Front): 120/70ZR17
- Tires (Rear): 180/55ZR17
- Length: 2,075mm (81.7")
- Width: 815mm (32.1")
- Height: 1,135mm (44.7")
- Wheelbase: 1,440mm (56.7")
- Rake / Trail: 25° / 103mm
- Seat Height: 815mm (32.1")
- Fuel Capacity: 14 litres (3.1 imp. gallons)
- Wet Weight: 188 kg (414 lb.)
- Colour(s): Matte Metallic Grey, Reddish Yellow, Matte Silver
- Engine Type
- DOHC, 12-valve, Inline-three cylinder
- Bore and Stroke
- 78 x 59.1 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Mikuni 41 mm throttle body F.I.
- TCI / Electric
- Front Suspension
- Adjustable 41 mm inverted fork
- Rear Suspension
- Adjustable link Monocross
- Front Brakes
- Dual 298mm discs / radial mount 4-piston calipers
- Rear Brakes
- 245 mm disc / single piston caliper
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 1,440 mm (56.7 in.)
- Seat Height
- 815 mm (32.1 in.)
- 25 deg.
- 103 mm
- Fuel Capacity
- 14 L (3.1 imp. gal.)
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 188 kg (414 lb.)
- Final Drive
- O-ring chain
- Standard: Digital
- Standard: Digital
- Standard: Digital
- Matte Metallic Grey, Reddish Yellow, Matte Silver