2016 BMW R1200RT
Financing available OAC, we take trades!
Price shown does not include applicable taxes and Documentation Fee $249.
Island Motorcycle Company - Victoria - Ph. 250-474-2088
Never-ending riding fun.
Increased comfort for a greater sense of thrill. A motorcycle that defined the classic touring bike segment has now reached the next stage of evolution: the new BMW R1200RT. With its light handling, the R 1200 RT makes it possible to enjoy what is most important: riding through the landscape. Whether on your own or with a passenger: the new R 1200 RT is all about comfortable, relaxed riding on every tour.
More dynamic performance. More control.
The new RT has a new air/water-cooled BMW boxer engine with even more torque and 125 bhp for powerful propulsion. Thanks to the highly active electronically controlled suspension system ASC, the machine is still very easy to control and offers stability on every country road. The standard modes "Rain" and "Road" can also be activated at the press of a button, adapting the motorcycle perfectly to the weather conditions and road surface as required. The Board Computer Pro and the familiar heated grips round off the range of basic equipment.
More optional extras. More comfort.
The special equipment for the new RT enables even simpler handling of the machine while still offering an increased level of comfort. For example, the electronic suspension BMW Dynamic ESA responds within a fraction of a second to changing surfaces. Shift Assistant Pro allows the rider to shift up and down without using the clutch or throttle valve. Another option available is "Dynamic" mode, which guarantees maximum riding fun for sporty, dynamic motorcyclists. Also available as an optional extra: a central locking system which also locks both cases by remote control, a cruise control system and lots more besides.
More design. More impressions.
A supreme touring bike with a persuasive design: the use of transparent materials conveys lightness and agility. The R1200RT is available in the new elegant paint finishes San Marino blue metallic / Granite grey metallic matt, Platin bronze metallic and Ebony metallic.
The new R1200RT – more impressions per kilometre.
- Type: Air/liquid-cooled four stroke flat twin engine, double overhead camshaft, one balance shaft
- Bore x stroke: 101 mm x 73 mm
- Capacity: 1,170 cc
- Rated output: 125 hp (92 kW) at 7,750 rpm
- Max. torque: 92 lb-ft (125 Nm) at 6,500 rpm
- Compression ratio: 12.5 : 1
- Mixture control / engine management: Electronic intake pipe injection / BMS-K+ digital engine management with electromotive throttle actuator
- Emission control: Closed-loop 3-way catalytic converter, emission standard EU-3
- Maximum speed: 125 mph
- Fuel consumption per 100 km at constant 90 km/h: 60 mg at a constant 56 mph (3.9 L)
- Fuel type: Premium Unleaded
- Alternator: Three-phase alternator 540 W
- Battery: 12 V / 16 Ah, maintenance-free
- Clutch: Oil lubricated clutch, hydraulically operated
- Gearbox: Constant mesh 6-speed gearbox with helical gear teeth
- Drive: Shaft drive
- Frame: Two-section frame consisting of front and rear sections, load-bearing engine-gearbox unit
- Front wheel location / suspension: BMW Motorrad Telelever; stanchion diameter 37 mm, central spring strut
- Rear wheel location / suspension: Cast aluminium single-sided swing arm with BMW Motorrad Paralever; WAD strut (travel-related damping), spring pre-load hydraulically adjustable (continuously variable) at handwheel, rebound damping adjustable
- Suspension travel front / rear: 4.7 in. / 5.4 in. (120 mm / 136 mm)
- Wheelbase: 58.5 in. (1,485 mm)
- Castor: 4.6 in. (116 mm)
- Steering head angle: 63.6 deg.
- Wheels: Cast aluminum wheels
- Rim, front: 3.50 x 17 in.
- Rim, rear: 5,50 x 17 in.
- Tires, front: 120/70 ZR 17
- Tires, rear: 180/55 ZR 17
- Brake, front: Dual disc brake, floating brake discs, diameter 320 mm, four-piston fixed calipers
- Brake, rear: Single disc brake, diameter 276 mm, double-piston floating caliper
- ABS: BMW Motorrad Integral ABS (part-integral)
- Length: 87.5 in. (2,222 mm)
- Width (incl. mirrors): 38.7 in. (983 mm) / 38.8 in. (985 mm) incl. panniers
- Height (excl. mirrors): 55.7 in. (1,416 mm)
- Seat height, unladen weight: 31.7 / 32.5 in. (high: 32.7 / 33.5 in.; low: 29.9 / 30.7 in.)
- Inner leg curve, unladen weight: 71.3 / 72.8 in. (high: 73.8 / 75.4 in.; low: 68.5 / 70.1 in.)
- Unladen weight, road ready, fully fuelled: 604 lb. (274 kg)
- Permitted total weight: 1,091 lb. (495 kg)
- Payload (with standard equipment): 487 lb. (221 kg)
- Usable tank volume: 6.6 gal.
- Reserve: approx. 1 gal.
- Engine Type
- Four stroke flat twin engine, double overhead camshaft, one balance shaft
- 1,170 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 101 mm x 73 mm
- Compression Ratio
- 12.5 : 1
- Fuel System
- Electronic intake pipe injection / BMS-K+ digital engine management with electromotive throttle actuator
- Front Suspension
- BMW Motorrad Telelever; stanchion diameter 37 mm, central spring strut
- Rear Suspension
- Cast aluminium single-sided swing arm with BMW Motorrad Paralever; WAD strut (travel-related damping), spring pre-load hydraulically adjustable (continuously variable) at handwheel, rebound damping adjustable
- Front Brakes
- Dual disc brake, floating brake discs, diameter 320 mm, four-piston fixed calipers
- Rear Brakes
- Single disc brake, diameter 276 mm, double-piston floating caliper
- Front Tire
- 120/70 ZR 17
- Rear Tire
- 180/55 ZR 17
- 58.5 in. (1,485 mm)
- Seat Height
- 31.7 / 32.5 in. (high: 32.7 / 33.5 in.; low: 29.9 / 30.7 in.)
- 4.6 in. (116 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 6.6 gal.
- 60 mg at a constant 56 mph (3.9 L)
- Constant mesh 6-speed gearbox with helical gear teeth
- Final Drive
- Shaft drive
- San Marino Blue Metallic/Granite Grey Metallic Matt, Platin Bronze Metallic, Ebony Metallic