2017 BMW 2017 F800R DEMO
2017 BMW F800R
Manuals, 2 keys, wallet key.
Price shown does not include applicable taxes, Documentation Fee $249.
Island BMW #30561
The BMW F 800 R: the modern all-rounder.
You can do anything with this active roadster, from urban cruising, touring or ambitious sporty riding on winding country roads. The BMW F 800 R combines agility, everyday practicality and dynamic performance in an integrated sporty package. Thanks to its punchy 66 kW (90 hp) engine, you'll feel what it's made for every time you twist the throttle: supreme handling and total control of the road. But the F 800 R delivers more than just sporty performance and easy handling, it also features innovative technology: Ride-by-Wire and a range of riding modes, ABS as standard and optional systems like ASC or Dynamic ESA make sure all that power is transferred securely to the road.
Design you can enjoy.
You can tell by its looks alone: The F 800 R is the perfect bike if you want to get on and have fun. The precise lines and minimalist trim elements give it a sense of light-footed agility, while the upside-down fork is suggestive of dynamic forward thrust even when stationary. The high-performance cockpit features a new dial design and the clear multifunction display now gives you even more information. Another highlight is the new rear silencer, which not only looks as good as it sounds, it also meets the EU-4 standard.
Three new colours accentuate the bike's dynamic design. The F 800 R looks especially sporty and dynamic in BMW motorsport colours. It comes with a red wheel lining in tribute to the S 1000 RR – the iconic superbike.
Powerful two-cylinder for dynamic thrust.
A powerful, water-cooled 798 cc two-cylinder in-line engine ensures dynamic forward propulsion. With 66 kW (90 hp) of power at 8000 rpm, it features fast response characteristics, impressive punch and excellent fuel efficiency. A reduced-power version with 35 kW (48 hp) is also available for new riders under the age of 25.
Move ahead safely.
The F 800 R is designed for pure and simple riding pleasure, but safety is also a priority: All models feature a BMW Motorrad ABS and a stable, balanced suspension for supreme performance and absolute control of the road. Other options include ASC (Automatic Stability Control) and Dynamic ESA (Electronic Suspension Adjustment) for even greater safety, performance and comfort. Ride-by-Wire gives you much finer throttle control. Thanks to the standard Rain and Road modes and the optional Dynamic mode, the F 800 R can be adapted even better to any road surface and riding style.
You can tailor the bike to meet your exact ergonomic needs thanks to standard adjustable clutch and brake levers and a large selection of seat variations. BMW Motorrad also offers a wide range of optional equipment and accessories for personalising your F 800 R. For example, you can choose the new raised handlebars. Combined with a low seat, this option is perfect for a more relaxed riding position, especially for smaller riders.
Dry Weight: 177 kg (390 lbs)
Engine Type: 2-cylinder, 4-stroke, 8 valve, liquid cooled
Financing Available In House: YES
Fuel Consumption: 4.8 litre (100km at 120km/h)
Fuel Tank Capacity: 15 l
Manufacturer’s Warranty: BMW 3 Year Unlimited km
Model Year: 2018
Optional Seat Height: 770/ 820 mm (30.3/ 32.2 in)
Qualifies for Warranty Extension: YES
Seat Height: 790 mm (31.1 in)
Wet Weight: 203kg (447lb)
A modern all-rounder.
The F 800 R is a firmly established player in the BMW Motorrad roadster segment. It combines agility, everyday practicality and dynamic riding fun in an integrated sporty package. And the revised F 800 R takes the whole thing a step further.
Design you can enjoy.
The F 800 R is just the right motorbike if you simply want to get on and have fun - and that is just what it looks like. The precise lines and minimalist trim elements give it a sense of light-footed agility, while the new upside-down fork is suggestive of dynamic forward thrust even when stationary. The symmetrical headlamp gives the F 800 R a new distinctive look.
Move ahead safely.
The F 800 R offers uncomplicated riding pleasure - ensured by the powerful yet economical parallel twin engine with 90 bhp - but it is also geared towards safety: ABS as standard, a stable, balanced suspension and the safety package to go with it (ASC, ESA, RDC) guarantee a supreme ride response and absolute control on the road.
The touring and all-round capabilities of the F 800 R are reflected not just in the wide range of seat heights and additional luggage fittings but also in the different paint finishes.
The F 800 R stands for maximum riding pleasure like almost no other roadster. BMW Motorrad has now improved this successful concept even further.
- Type: Water-cooled 4-stroke in-line two-cylinder engine, two overhead camshafts, four valves per cylinder, dry sump lubrication
- Bore x stroke: 82 mm x 75.6 mm
- Capacity: 798 cc
- Rated output: 90 hp (66 kW) at 8,000 rpm (output reduction 35 kW (48 hp) at 6,750 rpm possible)
- Max. torque: 63 lb-ft (86 Nm) at 5,800 rpm (performance reduction: 69 Nm at 3,500 rpm)
- Compression ratio: 12.0 : 1
- Mixture control / engine management: Electronic injection
- Emission control: Closed-loop 3-way catalytic converter, emission standard EU-3
- Maximum speed: Over 125 mph (200 km/h)
- Fuel type: Unleaded super, minimum octane rating 95 (RON)
- Alternator: Permanent magnet alternator 400 W
- Battery: 12 V / 12 Ah, maintenance-free
- Clutch: Multiple-disc clutch in oil bath, mechanically operated
- Gearbox: Constant mesh 6-speed gearbox integrated into crankcase
- Drive: Endless O-ring chain with shock damping in rear wheel hub
- Frame: Bridge-type frame, cast aluminium
- Front wheel location / suspension: Upside-down fork
- Rear wheel location / suspension: Cast aluminium dual swing arm, central spring strut, spring pre-load hydraulically adjustable (continuously variable) at handwheel, rebound damping adjustable
- Suspension travel front / rear: 4.9 in. / 4.9 in. (125 mm / 125 mm)
- Wheelbase: 60.1 in. (1,526 mm)
- Castor: 3.9 in. (100 mm)
- Steering head angle: 64 deg.
- Wheels: Cast aluminum wheels
- Rim, front: 3.50 x 17 in.
- Rim, rear: 5.50 x 17 in.
- Tires, front: 120/70 ZR 17
- Tires, rear: 180/55 ZR 17
- Brake, front: Dual disc brake, floating brake discs, diameter 320 mm, 4-piston brake calipers radial mounted
- Brake, rear: Single disc, diameter 265 mm, single-piston floating caliper
- ABS: BMW Motorrad ABS
- Length: 84.5 in. (2,145 mm)
- Width (incl. mirrors): 33.9 in. (860 mm)
- Height (excl. mirrors): 48.7 in. (1,235 mm)
- Seat height, unladen weight: 31.1 in. (790 mm) Standard; variable seat heights available between 30.3 in. (770 mm) and 33.1 in. (840 mm) (available as accessories and/or factory options, see an authorized BMW Motorrad dealer)
- Inner leg curve, unladen weight: 70.1 in. (1,780 mm) Standard; variable inner leg curve (inseam) between 68.5 in. (1,740 mm) and 73.8 in. (1,875 mm) (seats available as accessories and/or factory options, see an authorized BMW Motorrad dealer)
- Unladen weight, road ready, fully fuelled: 444 lb. (202 kg)
- Permitted total weight: 891 lb. (405 kg)
- Payload (with standard equipment): 447 lb. (203 kg)
- Usable tank volume: 3.9 gal. (15 L)
- Reserve: Approx. 0.8 gal. (3.0 L)
- Engine Type
- 4-stroke in-line two-cylinder engine, two overhead camshafts, four valves per cylinder, dry sump lubrication
- 798 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 82 mm x 75.6 mm
- Compression Ratio
- 12.0 : 1
- Fuel System
- Electronic injection
- Constant mesh 6-speed gearbox integrated into crankcase
- Final Drive
- Endless O-ring chain with shock damping in rear wheel hub
- Front Suspension
- Upside-down fork
- Rear Suspension
- Cast aluminium dual swing arm, central spring strut, spring pre-load hydraulically adjustable (continuously variable) at handwheel, rebound damping adjustable
- Front Brakes
- Dual disc brake, floating brake discs, diameter 320 mm, 4-piston brake calipers radial mounted
- Rear Brakes
- Single disc, diameter 265 mm, single-piston floating caliper
- Front Tire
- 120/70 ZR 17
- Rear Tire
- 180/55 ZR 17
- 60.1 in. (1,526 mm)
- Seat Height
- 31.1 in. (790 mm)
- 3.9 in. (100 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 3.9 gal. (15 L)
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 444 lb. (202 kg)
- Racing Blue Metallic Matte/Light White, Light White, Light White/Black Satin Gloss, Racing Blue Metallic Matte/Black Satin Gloss