2018 BMW K1600GTL
We take trades! Financing available OAC.
Price shown does not include applicable taxes and Documentation Fee $249.
Island Motorcycle Company - Victoria - Ph. 250-474-2088
When luxury is freed of all ballast, it moves to a new level. At the very top of this evolution is the K 1600 GTL – a high-class touring bike like none before it. With the most compact and efficient in-line 6-cylinder engine ever installed in a series production motorcycle.
The ergonomics of the K 1600 GTL are designed for long trips and leave nothing to be desired for either rider or pillion passenger in terms of comfort. The slim design in the area of the rider's seat and the fact that the handlebars reach far back allows a relaxed seating position - for hours and over hundreds of kilometres. The pillion passenger enjoys a sizeable seating area and a comfortable backrest.
The adaptive headlight - a revolution which matches the visionary front section of the K1600GTL and provides the very highest level of active safety.
The GTL makes luxury light-footed. This is because its unique chassis provides excellent handling. With a totally direct ride feel due to the ground-breaking Duolever front suspension. At the rear, it is the Paralever that put's the power of the engine onto the road, The ESA II (Electronic Suspension Adjustment) ensures that the GTL always glides completely smoothly since the systems allows the damping and suspension to be adapted according to situation and preference at the press of a button.
Every detail is designed for maximum riding pleasure. A motorcycle for people who are looking for a kind of supremacy.
The K 1600 GTL. UNSTOPPABLE TOUR.
- Type: Oil-/watercooled 4-stroke in-line 6-cylinder engine, two overhead camshafts, four valves per cylinder
- Bore x stroke: 72 mm x 67.5 mm
- Capacity: 1,649 cc
- Rated output: 160 hp (118 kw) at 7,750 rpm
- Max. torque: 129 lb-ft (175 Nm) at 5,250 rpm
- Compression ratio: 12.2 : 1
- Mixture control / engine management: Electronic intake pipe injection, digital engine management (BMS-X)
- Emission control: Closed-loop 3-way catalytic converter, emission standard EU-3
- Maximum speed: Over 125 mph (200 km/h)
- Fuel type: Unleaded super, octane number 95 (RON)
- Alternator: Three-phase alternator 580 W
- Battery: 12 V / 19 Ah, maintenance-free
- Clutch: Multiple-disc clutch in oil bath
- Gearbox: 6-speed, helical gears
- Drive: Cardan shaft
- Frame: Bridge-type Frame, cast aluminum, load-bearing engine
- Front wheel location / suspension: BMW Motorrad Duoloever; central spring strut
- Rear wheel location / suspension: BMW Motorrad Paralever
- Suspension travel front / rear: 4.9 / 5.3 in. (125mm / 135mm)
- Wheelbase: 63.7 in. (1,680 mm)
- Castor: 4.3 in. (108.4 mm)
- Steering head angle: 62.2 deg.
- Wheels: Cast aluminum wheels
- Rim, front: 3.50 x 17 in.
- Rim, rear: 6.00 x 17 in.
- Tires, front: 120/70 ZR 17
- Tires, rear: 190/55 ZR 17
- Brake, front: Dual disc brake, diameter 320mm, 4-piston fixed calipers
- Brake, rear: Single disc brake, diameter 320mm, double-piston caliper
- ABS: Series: BMW Motorrad Integral ABS (part-integral)
- Length: 97.9 in. (2,489 mm)
- Width (incl. mirrors): 39.4 in. (1,000 mm)
- Height (excl. mirrors): 57.7 in. (1,465 mm)
- Seat height, unladen weight: 29.5 in. (750 mm) Standard; variable seat heights available between 29.5 in. (750 mm) and 32.7 in. (830 mm) (available as accessories and/or factory options, see an authorized BMW Motorrad dealer)
- Inner leg curve, unladen weight: 67.7 in. (1,720 mm) Standard; variable inner leg curve (inseam) between 67.7 in. (1,720 mm) and 73.6 in. (1,870 mm) (seats available as accessories and/or factory options, see an authorized BMW Motorrad dealer)
- Unladen weight, road ready, fully fuelled: 768 lb. (348 kg)
- Dry weight: 708 lb. (321 kg)
- Permitted total weight: 1,234 lb. (560 kg)
- Payload (with standard equipment): 467 lb. (212 kg)
- Usable tank volume: 7 gal. (26.5 l)
- Reserve: Approx. 1 gal. (4 l)
- Engine Type
- 4-stroke in-line 6-cylinder engine, two overhead camshafts, four valves per cylinder
- 1,649 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 72 mm x 67.5 mm
- Compression Ratio
- 12.2 : 1
- Fuel System
- Electronic intake pipe injection, digital engine management (BMS-X)
- 6-speed, helical gears
- Final Drive
- Cardan shaft
- Front Suspension
- BMW Motorrad Duolever; central spring strut
- Rear Suspension
- BMW Motorrad Paralever
- Front Brakes
- Dual disc brake, diameter 320mm, 4-piston fixed calipers
- Rear Brakes
- Single disc brake, diameter 320mm, double-piston caliper
- Front Tire
- 120/70 ZR 17
- Rear Tire
- 190/55 ZR 17
- 63.7 in. (1,680 mm)
- Seat Height
- 29.5 in. (750 mm)
- 4.3 in. (108.4 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 7.0 gal. (26.5 L)
- Dry Weight
- 708 lb. (321 kg)
- Ebony Metallic, Light White, Thunder Grey Metallic