2018 BMW R1200R
Stock Image: Racing Red
RIDE NOW, PAY LATER! BMW Financial OAC.
2018 BMW R1200R - #287399.
Expires December 31, 2018.
Price shown does not include applicable taxes, Freight $350, PDI $400, Documentation Fee $249, Tire Levy $10.
Island BMW dealer #30561
From design concept to the R 1200 R.
The R 1200 R marks the status quo in terms of aesthetic appeal, dynamic performance and design. When our developers put forward their visions in the BMW Concept Roadster, this bike was their greatest source of inspiration. And that's no surprise - after all, the R 1200 R is a powerful machine that combines comfort, athletic flair and design in an entirely unique way.
Compact, tight, muscular - the bike's design sets it clearly apart from its predecessor. The upside down telescopic fork based on the S 1000 RR not only gives this powerhouse a striking appearance but also ensures stability and precise handling. With the sharply drawn lines along the fuel tank and the seamless transition across the seat to the rear, this roadster has a look that perfectly matches the way it rides.
The R 1200 R is ahead of its time in terms of technology, too. A total of 125 hp provides plenty of power in the R 1200 R. Together with the riding modes that can be accessed at the press of a button, the optionally available traction control (DTC) puts this power effectively to the asphalt. The rider has everything in view and under control thanks to the redesigned and expanded instrument panel.
Outstanding individual flair.
The range of accessories available for the R 1200 R is especially impressive: tank bag, BMW Navigator V and four different windshields are the perfect preparation for a big tour, while the latest generation of the optional Dynamic ESA further increases riding dynamics in the R 1200 R. Innovative features such as the BMW multi-controller, Shift Assistant Pro and Keyless Ride turn a sports-style roadster into a genuine all-rounder. There are also a range of painstaking details such as the milled hand lever and rider footrests or the crash bar in electropolished stainless steel which strike a perfect balance between functional tuning and visual customization.
The roadster revolution is beginning.
- Type: Air/liquid-cooled 4-stroke flat twin engine, four valves per cylinder, double overhead camshaft, wet sump lubrication
- Bore x stroke: 101 mm x 73 mm
- Capacity: 1,170 cc
- Rated output: 125 hp (92 kW) at 7,750 rpm
- Max. torque: 92 lb-ft (125 Nm) at 6,500 rpm
- Compression ratio: 12.5 : 1
- Mixture control / engine management: Electronic fuel injection with ride-by-wire throttle system
- Emission control: Closed-loop 3-way catalytic converter, emission standard EU-4
- Maximum speed: Over 125 mph (200 km/h)
- Fuel consumption: 60 mpg at a constant 55 mph (3.9 l)
- Fuel type: Premium Unleaded
- Alternator: Three-phase 508 W generator
- Battery: 12 V / 12 Ah, maintenance-free
- Clutch: Multi-plate wet clutch, hydraulically operated
- Gearbox: Constant mesh 6-speed gearbox with helical gear teeth
- Drive: Shaft drive 2.82:1
- Frame: Tubular steel bridge frame, engine self-supporting
- Front wheel location / suspension: Upside-down telescopic fork, Ø 45 mm
- Rear wheel location / suspension: Cast aluminum single-sided swing arm with BMW EVO Paralever; WAD strut (travel-related damping), spring pre-load hydraulically adjustable (continuously variable) at handwheel, rebound damping adjustable
- Suspension travel front / rear: 5.5 in. / 5.5 in. (140 mm / 140 mm)
- Wheelbase: 59.7 in. (1,515 mm)
- Castor: 4.9 in. (125.6 mm)
- Steering head angle: 62.3°
- Wheels: Cast aluminum wheels
- Rim, front: 3.50 x 17 in.
- Rim, rear: 5.50 x 17 in.
- Tires, front: 120/70 ZR 17
- Tires, rear: 180/55 ZR 17
- Brake, front: Dual floating disc brakes, 4-piston fixed calipers, diameter 320 mm
- Brake, rear: Single disc brake, diameter 276 mm, dual-piston floating caliper
- ABS: BMW Motorrad Integral ABS (part-integral, can be switched off)
- Length: 85.3 in. (2,165 mm)
- Width (incl. mirrors): 34.7 in. (880 mm)
- Height (excl. mirrors): 51.2 in. (1,300 mm)
- Seat height, unladen weight: 31.1 in. (790 mm) Standard; variable seat heights available between 29.9 in. (760 mm) and 33.1 in. (840 mm) (available as accessories and/or factory options, see an authorized BMW Motorrad dealer)
- Inner leg curve, unladen weight: 70.1 in. (1,780 mm) Standard; variable inner leg curve (inseam) between 67.7 in. (1,720 mm) and 73.8 in. (1,875 mm) (seats available as accessories and/or factory options, see an authorized BMW Motorrad dealer)
- Unladen weight, road ready, fully fueled: 508 lb. (231 kg)
- Permitted total weight: 990 lb. (450 kg)
- Payload (with standard equipment): 483 lb. (219 kg)
- Usable tank volume: 4.7 gal. (18 L)
- Reserve: Approx. 1 gal. (4.0 L)
- Engine Type
- 4-stroke flat twin engine, four valves per cylinder, double overhead camshaft, wet sump lubrication
- 1,170 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 101 mm x 73 mm
- Compression Ratio
- 12.5 : 1
- Fuel System
- Electronic fuel injection with ride-by-wire throttle system
- Constant mesh 6-speed gearbox with helical gear teeth
- Final Drive
- Shaft drive
- Front Suspension
- Upside-down telescopic fork, Ø 45 mm
- Rear Suspension
- Cast aluminum single-sided swing arm with BMW EVO Paralever; WAD strut (travel-related damping), spring pre-load hydraulically adjustable (continuously variable) at handwheel, rebound damping adjustable
- Front Brakes
- Dual floating disc brakes, 4-piston fixed calipers, diameter 320 mm
- Rear Brakes
- Single disc brake, diameter 276 mm, dual-piston floating caliper
- Front Tire
- 120/70 ZR 17
- Rear Tire
- 180/55 ZR 17
- 59.7 in. (1,515 mm)
- Seat Height
- 31.1 in. (790 mm)
- 4.9 in. (125.6 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.7 gal. (18 L)
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 508 lb. (231 kg)
- Espresso Metallic, Racing Red, Light White/Cordoba Blue