2018 BMW R1200RT DEMO
Stock Image: Carbon Black Metallic
Excellent condition! Includes 10000km service!
Manuals, key fob, wallet key.
Price shown does not include applicable taxes, Documentation Fee $249.
Island BMW #30561
Infinite riding pleasure.
Greater comfort for a more intense experience. The motorcycle that defined the segment of classic touring bikes: the BMW R 1200 RT. The light handling of the R 1200 RT facilitates what is most important when touring: experiencing the landscape. Whether alone or with a passenger: the R 1200 RT ensures comfortable, relaxed riding while touring.
More dynamic performance. More control.
The new RT is powered by an air/water-cooled BMW boxer engine which provides powerful forward thrust with substantial torque and an output of 125 hp. Thanks to standard Automatic Stability Control (ASC) this machine provides optimum traction to account for a variety of road surfaces and conditions. "Rain" and "Road" modes can be activated at the press of a button to adapt the motorcycle to weather and road conditions. The on-board computer Pro with multi-controller, power adjustable windshield, and heated grips complete the range of basic equipment features.
More optional extras. More comfort.
The optional extras for the new RT offer easier handling while providing a higher level of comfort. The BMW Dynamic Electronic Suspension Adjustment (D-ESA) adapts to changing surface conditions within a fraction of a second. A "Dynamic" riding mode and cornering-optimized ABS Pro are also available as part of the Ride Modes Pro option promoting maximum riding fun for sporty, dynamic riders. The Gear Shift Assist Pro option enables the rider to shift up and down without using the clutch. The reduced shift time means the rear wheel retains even better directional stability.
Keyless Ride offers even greater convenience. This system means a mechanical key is no longer needed to start your motorcycle, so you’re no longer fumbling for your keys before you ride. Other optional extras: a central locking system which also locks both cases by remote control, a cruise control function and much more.
A supreme touring bike with an impressive design
The new R 1200 RT – more impressions per mile.
- Type: Air/liquid-cooled 4-stroke flat twin engine with balancer shaft, four valves per cylinder, double overhead camshaft, wet sump lubrication
- Bore x stroke: 101 mm x 73 mm
- Capacity: 1,170 cc
- Rated output: 125 hp (92 kW) at 7,750 rpm
- Max. torque: 92 lb-ft (125 Nm) at 6,500 rpm
- Compression ratio: 12.5 : 1
- Mixture control / engine management: Electronic fuel injection with ride-by-wire throttle system
- Emission control: Closed-loop 3-way catalytic converter, emission standard EU-3
- Maximum speed: Over 125 mph (200 km/h)
- Fuel Consumption: 47 mpg (WMTC)
- Fuel type: Premium Unleaded
- Alternator: Three-phase alternator 540 W
- Battery: 12 V / 16 Ah, maintenance-free
- Clutch: Oil lubricated clutch, hydraulically operated
- Gearbox: Constant-mesh 6-speed gearbox with helical cut gears
- Drive: Shaft drive 2.75:1
- Frame: Two-section frame consisting of front and rear sections, load bearing engine-gearbox unit
- Front wheel location / suspension: BMW Telelever, Ø 37 mm, central spring strut
- Rear wheel location / suspension: Cast aluminum single-sided swing arm with BMW EVO Paralever; WAD strut (travel-related damping), spring pre-load hydraulically adjustable (continuously variable) via handwheel, rebound damping adjustable via handwheel
- Suspension travel front / rear: 4.7 in. / 5.4 in. (120 mm / 136 mm)
- Wheelbase: 58.5 in. (1,485 mm)
- Castor: 4.6 in. (116 mm)
- Steering head angle: 63.6°
- Wheels: Cast aluminum wheels
- Rim, front: 3.50 x 17 in.
- Rim, rear: 5.50 x 17 in.
- Tires, front: 120/70 ZR 17
- Tires, rear: 180/55 ZR 17
- Brake, front: Dual floating disc brakes, 4-piston fixed calipers, diameter 320 mm
- Brake, rear: Single disc brake, diameter 276 mm, dual-piston floating caliper
- ABS: BMW Motorrad Integral ABS (part-integral)
- Length: 87.5 in. (2,222 mm)
- Width (incl. mirrors): 38.7 in. (983 mm) / 38.8 in. (985 mm) in.cl. panniers
- Height (excl. mirrors): 55.7 in. (1,416 mm)
- Seat height, unladen weight: 31.7 in. / 32.5 in. (805 / 825 mm; adjustable seat height) Standard; variable seat heights available between 29.9 in. (760 mm) and 33.5 in. (850 mm) (available as accessories and/or factory options, see an authorized BMW Motorrad dealer)
- Inner leg curve, unladen weight: 71.3 in. / 72.8 in. (1,810 / 1,850 mm; adjustable seat height) Standard; variable inner leg curve (inseam) between 68.5 in. (1,740 mm) and 75.4 in. (1,915 mm) (seats available as accessories and/or factory options, see an authorized BMW Motorrad dealer)
- Unladen weight, road ready, fully fueled: 604 lb. (274 kg)
- Permitted total weight: 1,091 lb. (495 kg)
- Payload (with standard equipment): 483 lb. (219 kg)
- Usable tank volume: 6.6 gal. (25 L)
- Reserve: Approx. 1 gal. (4.0 L)
- Engine Type
- 4-stroke flat twin engine with balancer shaft, four valves per cylinder, double overhead camshaft, wet sump lubrication
- 1,170 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 101 mm x 73 mm
- Compression Ratio
- 12.5 : 1
- Fuel System
- Electronic fuel injection with ride-by-wire throttle system
- Constant-mesh 6-speed gearbox with helical cut gears
- Final Drive
- Shaft drive
- Front Suspension
- BMW Telelever, Ø 37 mm, central spring strut
- Rear Suspension
- Cast aluminum single-sided swing arm with BMW EVO Paralever; WAD strut (travel-related damping), spring pre-load hydraulically adjustable (continuously variable) via handwheel, rebound damping adjustable via handwheel
- Front Brakes
- Dual floating disc brakes, 4-piston fixed calipers, diameter 320 mm
- Rear Brakes
- Single disc brake, diameter 276 mm, dual-piston floating caliper
- Front Tire
- 120/70 ZR 17
- Rear Tire
- 180/55 ZR 17
- 58.5 in. (1,485 mm)
- Seat Height
- 31.7 in. / 32.5 in. (805 / 825 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 6.6 gal. (25 L)
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 604 lb. (274 kg)
- Alpine White, Mars Red Metallic/Dark Slate Metallic Matt, Carbon Black Metallic