2019 BMW S1000R DEMO
BMW CANADA CORPORATE DEMO!
Price shown does not include applicable taxes, Documentation Fee $249.
Island BMW #30561
The BMW S 1000 R.
Is your heartbeat connected directly to the tachometer? Then the S 1000 R is the Roadster for you - stripped down to the essentials, but maximizing pure riding pleasure. Its aggressive engine with its 121 kW (165 hp) will put a smile on your face every time it revs up. And the rich sound of the new standard HP titanium rear silencer leaves no doubt, that's how life in the fast lane sounds.
- Distinctive front: The asymmetrical headlamp arrangement makes the RR
- Prominent "R" logo: Underlines the leading position of the S 1000 R in the dynamic roadster segment.
- Multifunctional instrument cluster: With round tachometer, indicator lamps and a large, easy to read LC display.
- Light aluminium tank: Made of aluminium, the slim fuel tank reduces the overall weight.
- Reduced side trim: The reduced and dynamic trim supports the sporty and aggressive design.
- High-performance brakes: For outstanding braking performance and braking safety.
- Optional Pro shift assist: Tested out ideally on the RR and S 1000 XR. Ensures dynamically safe shifting.
- HP titanium rear silencer as standard: The HP rear silencer made of titanium and fitted as standard provides a powerful sound.
- Type: Water-cooled, in-line four-cylinder four-stroke engine, four valves per cylinder, double overhead camshaft
- Bore x stroke: 80 mm x 49.7 mm
- Capacity: 999 cc
- Max. output: 121 kW (165 PS) at 11,000 rpm
- Max. torque: 114 Nm at 9,250 rpm
- Compression ratio: 12.1 : 1
- Fuel/engine management: Electric fuel injection
- Emission control: Emission standard EU-4, HP titanium rear silencer
- Maximum speed: Over 200 km/h
- Consumption per 100 km based on the WMCT: 6.7 l
- Fuel type: Premium unleaded, 95-98 octane (RON) (knock control; nominal load capacity with 98-octane fuel)
- Alternator: 406 W
- Battery: 12 V / 9 Ah, maintenance-free
- Clutch: Wet multidisc clutch, anti-hopping clutch, mechanically operated
- Gears: Six-speed synchromesh gearbox with spur gears
- Secondary drive: Chain 17/45
- Frame: Bridge-type aluminium frame with load-bearing engine
- Front suspension / spring elements: Upside-down telescopic fork, diameter 46 mm, rebound/compression damping adjustable
- Rear suspension / spring elements: Aluminium double-sided swing-arm, central spring strut, adjustable rebound-stage damping
- Spring travel, front/rear: 120 mm / 120 mm
- Wheelbase: 1,439 mm
- Castor: 98.5 mm
- Steering head angle: 65.2°
- Wheels: Cast aluminium
- Rim dimensions, front: 3.50 x 17"
- Rim dimensions, rear: 6.00 x 17"
- Tire, front: 120/70 ZR 17
- Tire, rear: 190/55 ZR 17
- Brake, front: Twin disc brakes, diameter 320 mm, floating discs, radial four-piston fixed calipers, thickness 5 mm
- Brake, rear: Single disc brake, diameter 220 mm, single-piston floating caliper, thickness 5 mm
- ABS: BMW Motorrad Race ABS, partially integral, switchable
- Length: 2,057 mm
- Width (including mirrors): 845 mm
- Height (excluding mirrors): 1,228 mm
- Seat height, unladen: 814 mm (Comfort seat (accesssory): 840 mm)
- Rider step length, unladen: 1,805 mm (Comfort seat (accessory): 1,865 mm)
- Unladen weight, fully fuelled/road-ready: 205 kg
- Max. permitted weight: 407 kg
- Max. load (with standard equipment): 202 kg
- Usable tank capacity: 17.5 l
- of which reserve: Approx. 4 l
- ASC (traction control)
- HP titanium rear silencer
- Two-part seat (seat height: 814 mm; step length: 1,805 mm)
- Integrated ignition and steering lock
- One key system for ignition, steering, fuel filler cap and passenger seat locks
- Small storage compartment with on-board tools under the passenger seat
- Adjustable handbrake lever
- On-board literature
- Engine Type
- In-line four-cylinder four-stroke engine
- 999 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 80 mm x 49.7 mm
- Compression Ratio
- 12.1 : 1
- Fuel System
- Electric fuel injection
- Six-speed synchromesh gearbox with spur gears
- Front Suspension
- Upside-down telescopic fork, diameter 46 mm, rebound/compression damping adjustable
- Rear Suspension
- Aluminium double-sided swing-arm, central spring strut, adjustable rebound-stage damping
- Front Brakes
- Twin disc brakes, diameter 320 mm, floating discs, radial four-piston fixed calipers, thickness 5 mm
- Rear Brakes
- Single disc brake, diameter 220 mm, single-piston floating caliper, thickness 5 mm
- Front Tire
- 120/70 ZR 17
- Rear Tire
- 190/55 ZR 17
- 1,439 mm
- Seat Height
- 814 mm
- Fuel Capacity
- 17.5 L
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 205 kg